CROSS-CULTURAL MARKETING CERTIFICATION COURSE (CMC)
Did you know that marketing campaigns designed in the US have a higher chance to succeed in Germany and Brazil, but the other way around will have a higher chance of failure?
Did you know that consumer culture wise, Brazil and Germany are closer to each other than any of them to the US?
The 3-day Cross-Cultural Marketing Certification Course is aimed at branding and marketing specialists that wish to understand and leverage the impact of culture on the success of global marketing and branding operations both on a country level and on a more granular level (specific target groups within a country).
The course consists of:
- online pre-work
- a three-day physical course
- e-coaching during the implementation of a first client project
|December 1-3, 2022||Alexandria, VA 22314, USA||5000 USD|
Benefits of the course:
- The ability to leverage Hofstede´s 6-D™ data and Culture Clusters™ in consulting projects
- The possibility to request data runs for client projects which require granular data from the Culture Connection™* database
- Access to a revenue-sharing model regarding the proprietary database output
- Access to a global network of specialised culture professionals from Hofstede Insights and marketing professionals from a.o. Mediacom to assist with global assignments
- A certification to indicate that you are trained by the best when it comes to culturally adapted marketing analysis
- Case studies from real client assignments
The course costs 5000 USD and includes:
- The above-mentioned benefits
- Pre-work, including two e-learning exercises for those not yet certified in Hofstede´s 6D model
- A 3-day intensive training course
- A webinar after the face-to-face course
- A course binder with reading materials and exercises
- Course facilities, coffee breaks, three lunches and one dinner
Pre-course learning outcomes
- Identify culturally sensitive situations
- Compare and describe various ideas within a multicultural team
- Compare and contrast different approaches to the same situation
- Describe and analyse several ways of solving problems
- Establish an effective working style in multicultural environments - including teamwork
- Recognise how culture influences consumers through the norms and values established by the society in which they live
- Identify the impact of consumer dynamics on cultural value preferences
- Apply cultural understanding in what defines consumer segments, what attracts them to purchasing and what makes them buy
- Implement frameworks to abstract and simplify consumer segments
- Understand and implement the concept of storytelling modalities and how culture impacts these
(subject to changes)
Introduction to Intercultural Marketing
- Introduction and practical theory: what is an insight, and how do we arrive at them?
- Hofstede 6D from a marketing perspective
- From helicopter view to granularity- the CCI and OCEAN approach
- Principles of semiotic decoding
Specialist subject areas
- Brand Purpose and social marketing across cultures
- How, and how fast, will consumers change?
- How to arrive at storytelling prompts tailored to cultures and audiences.
- Creative briefing best practice.
- Dealing with multiple cultural influences
- Communication planning factors, including message mechanics
- Social media behaviour across cultures
- Clustering cultures for synergies and efficiencies
This course includes a comprehensive exercise for an active client.
We reserve the right to decline your Course attendance application based on criteria determined by us in our sole absolute discretion.
For more information on our cancellation policy please follow the link
*The Culture Connections™ database, finalized in 2017 by Mediacom in collaboration with Hofstede Insights has granular data from over 60.000 respondents from 63 countries, enabling us to distinguish between consumer segments based on among others:
- income compared to a country
- education level
- and in some areas; region, race, ethnicity and language are spoken
For more information or to register please use the contact form below: