The INTERCULTURAL MANAGEMENT Certification programme (icm)
An exclusively offered certification Programme designed for consultants and managers. Our main goal is to offer high-quality education in the field of culture and management based on a fusion of academic research and practical experience.
The ICM programme consists of four parts:
- Pre-course e-learning (including readings, group exercises, a virtual master class on culture)
- Four days face to face course and workshops or 10 virtual modules.
- Six personal coaching sessions *
- Observation and feedback
To ensure the safety of both our participants and expert trainers, our programmes have been completely redesigned to offer the same high level of learning via virtual means. Should the situation warrant it, the ICM programme is delivered virtually.
Our intensive blended learning programme is designed for consultants and managers interested in using our know-how in the field of culture and management. Please note that you can only participate if and when you also want to become an Associate Partner of Hofstede Insights.
Are you an internal consultant? We offer a modified attendance to this programme for internal corporate trainers to use our materials for internal talent and learning training development. For more information please contact us below.
This intensive blended learning programme is organised twice a year and is hosted by certified senior Hofstede Insights consultants.
|DATE||LOCATION||Download the brochure||Apply|
|October 3,4,5,6 2022||Helsinki, Finland (12 seats available)||Download||Apply|
THE CONTENT OF THE PROGRAMME
The objective of the certification process is to enhance your proficiency in the field of Intercultural Management by incorporating classical cultural theory and Hofstede Insights' knowledge, concepts, methodology and materials into your existing intercultural skill set.
This dedicated online learning includes
- a self-assessment
- An e-learning Master Class on culture
- An online space with reading materials, activities, group work and reflection exercises. You will be asked to collaborate, discuss, and reflect on the influence of culture.
Face to face courses and workshops or virtual equivalent
Conducted by one or two senior certification agent(s) this course includes:
- An extensive background on the 6-D model of National Culture
- Practical applications of the model
- Consulting and training exercises
- Sales exercises
- Two dinners for informal learning and sharing (in case of face to face)
The goal of the post-course assignments is to ensure your continuous development as a Hofstede Insights consultant.*
- During six coaching sessions, you will work together with your assigned coach on improvement points suggested by our learning specialists.
- You will observe a member of the network during a training programme.
- You will be observed by a member of the network during a complete first project, including the acquisition of an assignment, the preparation and the delivery.
- Your Coach will then evaluate your first delivery. The minimal grade to obtain the final certification is 4 (scale 1-5).
(*only for associate partners)
I found the quality of the course to be world-class, extremely professional and very well run. Overall I really loved the experience, the relaxed nature of the team, the professionalism of the course, the content and the facilitators.
The course itself provides the right context to make the theory fall into place. Both facilitators make the content come to life by the stories they share.
Thank you so much for this great opportunity. It was great that I could meet many working people from various countries with a lot of intercultural experiences. It was a very interesting experience.