The Culture compass
An analytical tool providing key insights into the consequences of culture.
Get tailored feedback about your professional capacity and your personal preferences based on the 6-D Model of National Culture after answering a 42 question questionnaire.
The Culture Compass will provide you with personalised cultural guidance to:
Discover the reasons behind the behaviour you are likely to encounter
Understand the impact of your own cultural value preferences
Anticipate potential behavioural pitfalls while working with others
After purchasing the Culture Compass you will receive an email containing a link to your survey.
- Fill in your personal details
- Select your country of interest (you can select up to 3 countries)
- Select your capacity/role
- Fill in the survey, you will be asked to give your preferences regarding 42 pairs of questions on a five-point scale
- You will receive your report by email
About the Report
- 6 roles to choose from (subordinate, colleague, superior, negotiator,
persontransferring know-how, long-term visitor)
- Comparison of your personal preferences and up to three selected countries
- After using the Culture Compass you will be presented with a report comparing your personal preferences to the countries of your choice taking into consideration the roles that you have selected.
The report is currently available in English, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Portuguese, French (beta), German, Italian and Turkish.
Why has my report not arrived?
- You have used a code and the person who purchased it asked that you do not receive the report (please contact the person that bought the code for you)
- The report was sent to your spam box (please check your spam)
- Incorrect email address has been typed. To solve this issue, please contact support (support @ hofstede-insights.com) for help.
Can you use the Culture Compass to measure Organisational Culture?
No. The Culture Compass is a tool to assess individual preferences at the level of national cultures. Organisational culture covers differences in practices among different organisations. National culture covers specifically differences in values among people born and raised in different societies.
If you are interested in reading more about Organisational Culture go to What you need to know about Organisational Culture.